After the failure of all the treatment for chronic liver disease, the referring Physician/Gastroenterologists will refer you to either Apollo Liver Clinics across various City or Apollo Hospital at our 3 Centre to undergo evaluation for Liver Transplant. The Team conducts a wide variety of tests and procedures to determine the Liver condition.
Laboratory tests, including blood and urine tests to assess the health of your organs, including your liver:
• Imaging tests, such as an ultrasound of your liver
• Heart tests to determine the health of your cardiovascular system
• Continuing to use alcohol or illegal drugs
• Being at high risk of using drugs or alcohol again after the surgery
• Failing to follow your doctor’s instructions, such as taking your medicine
Our Doctors use results of liver function tests and all the Test results at the time of Evaluation to determine your prognosis and your place on the Liver transplant waiting list.
Your prognosis is sometimes called your Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) score.
Waiting for a donor liver could be in week or it could be months.
As you wait for a new liver, the doctor will treat any complications of your liver failure, to make you as comfortable as possible.